Nova Scotia Federation of Agriculture
The Nova Scotia Federation of Agriculture (NSFA) represents the interests of Nova Scotia’s agricultural community. Today its members account for well over 90% of all agricultural production in Nova Scotia and brings together farm businesses representing all aspects of primary agriculture in the province. The NSFA tackles policy issues that impact the competitive and sustainable nature of the industry and takes an active role in supporting registered farms through delivery of programs and services, such as the Public Trust – Meet Your Farmer program, which is focused on supporting a connected and trusted food system in Nova Scotia. The NSFA is currently seeking a Public Trust Assistant to support our Public Trust Coordinator in coordinating various events, campaigns, and resources.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Assist in preparing for and executing Open Farm Day for farms across NS in-person and online.
· Write profiles for Your Farmers, Your Nova Scotia campaign and create supporting branded material (pictures, recipes, etc.) for social media and website
· Draft electronic newsletters for distribution to Meet Your Farmer Constant Contact list
· Assist in preparing digital, print, and video resources for farmers and food system stakeholders on communication
· Assist in the coordination of online and in-person events and workshops
· Assist in the development of promotional and educational materials
· Assist in the development of resource materials such as fact sheets, reports, newsletter articles and website content
Skills & Qualifications
· Asset: enrolled in or completed post-secondary education in Agriculture, Public Relations, or Marketing
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Organizational and time management skills including attention to detail
· Team-oriented but able to work independently
· Knowledge of various software programs (e.g. Microsoft Office, Adobe, Canva, WordPress and Constant Contact)
· Knowledge of Nova Scotia agriculture
· Must have valid Nova Scotia driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
Compensation: $15 per hour based on qualifications and experience
Anticipated employment term: June 13th to September 2nd (12 weeks)
This position is partially funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program. To qualify under this program, you must be:
· between the ages of 15 and 30, inclusive, at the start of employment.
· a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
· legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
· International students are not eligible under this program.
Qualified applicants self-identifying as Indigenous Youth, Youth of Visible Minority Groups, Youth with Disabilities, and Youth that are early leavers of High School are strongly encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2022
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 weeks
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Application deadline: 2022-06-01
Expected start date: 2022-06-13