Lactanet is accepting application for a permanent, full-time, on farm Dairy Production Technician (DPT). Candidate shoul enjoy working alongside dairy cows within a farm environment, overseeing their own schedule and rural road travel.
• Visit dairy farms daily at variable hours to sample milk, collect data, and promote our dairy herd improvement services to Lactanet customers. Working hours will include early mornings and evenings.
• Assist and provide information to Lactanet customers about the interpretation and application of data collected.
• From your home office, you will independently arrange your administrative, travel and scheduling tasks.
• Actively participate in the job training provided.
Qualifications & Experience
• Diploma in agriculture (great asset)
• Practical knowledge and working experience in the dairy industry.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency with computers with residential high-speed Internet.
• Valid driver’s license with dependable transportation.
• Being a resident within your circuit area.
• Ability to occasionally lift to 58 lbs.
The work is mainly done on the farm at milking time and some work is done from home. Daily travel and irregular hours.
Lactanet is the leading dairy herd improvement organization responsible for milk recording, genetic evaluations, knowledge transfer and dairy cattle traceability. We provide products and services to help Canadian farmers manage their dairy operation.
The benefits of working at Lactanet include:
• Group Insurance & Pension Plan
• Free Medical Teleconsultation
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Schedule
• Training & Development
• Mileage, Internet, & Cellphone Allowance
• Clothing Allowance
• Vacation & Sick Days
• All Equipment Provided